Correspondent; HAMREN, Nov 21: The residents of Hamren and adjoining areas have strongly expressed their disappointment over the non-completion of WSS scheme under Hamren PHE division for the session 2008-09.
A team of PHE Division, Hamren which include section officer Bharat Chandra Gogoi, and Anil Nath, on November 21 visited the boring site and conducted inspection under the persuasion of Karbi Unemployed Youth Association (KUYA) Hamren Sub Division who submitted an application at the PHE office appealing the department to visit the site.
Following the inspection, the authority reported that out of Rs. 75 lakhs sanctioned for the scheme, only Rs. 15 lakhs was spent so far and while another Rs. 60 lakhs was still with the department.
After the revelation, the public expressed their disappointment and said that they are facing acute water crisis because of the negligence of authority concern. Lashing out at Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KAAC), residents said that they are good at declaring that the Parivartan days has dawned but the present BJP government failed to put their works into action on various front. They also appealed KAAC EM Pradip Rongpi, i/c PHE, etc to visit the spot as early as possible and do the needful.
The public also mentioned that an amount of Rs. 75 lakhs was sanctioned by the authority for the construction of boring at Badong Teron Arong. They added that whenever inquired about the incomplete construction, the employees of PHE Hamren Division replied that boring pipe was already fitted. However, till today, the construction of water reservoir and delivery pipes were halted as a result of which the public are facing water crisis in the area.